003. Missed My Connection?  

Posted by Jacquise in , ,

Morning, Blogworld.

Among my list of site to cruise for fun is one called craigslist. I'm sure most people have heard of it, since there's been a lot of controversy surrounding it recently. However, I don't peruse craigslist looking for a 'casual encounter' or to 'rant and rave' about my city, Chi-city. I don't even go to sell or buy anything from anyone.

Nah.

What I do. . . is read the Missed Connections.

To me, it's THE most interesting part of the website. Bunches of men and women posting to craigslist to tell about/look for/write to a person they saw while they were 'sitting at Starbuck on their laptop. You had the most gorgeous brown hair I've ever seen. . .' or 'at the bar in Wrigleyville; you were wearing a white sundress. . .' or some other such description of a person that they are likely to never see again.

Why do I read them, you ask? Am I possibly looking for a missed connection of my own? No. I never go anywhere, so why would I have one? I read them simply because they're interesting.

Anyway, back to my point. Every few days or so, I always come across an anonymous poster who writes to "L". That's it. Just "L". Now, I know it's not me. But I wonder if this guy knows how he makes me and a lot of other "L"s who read his posts feel.

Example, his most recent posting: L, I Want To. . .

Now, I don't know about other "L"s, but if you were a single "L" or even an "L" who was unhappy with her lot, wouldn't that cheer you up to imagine, just for one moment, that there was someone who wanted to appreciate you the way this guy does his "L"?

I know, for sure, that it cheers me up.

This entry was posted on Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 10:21 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment